About Me

My photo
Mesa, Az
I met Nick through his x-girlfriend....I always love starting our dating story like that, makes it seem like some scandalous affair, however I met her the day before I met him at a stake activity. The beginning of the next week he added me to facebook, and later that week I accepted. I felt so bad that I had not checked it earlier, so I gave him my number to text me sometime. He didn't waste anytime texting me after he read my facebook message. He came over that night, and we watched Without A Paddle. I wasn't interested in a relationship then, just thought that I would gain a new friend outta the deal, I gained that and so much more. We have been inseparable since then. Our different backgrounds, me being a country girl, and him being a city boy creates interesting moments daily, most in which we end up dying laughing at. We are so very fortunate to have each other in our lives. I am so grateful to be able to wake up next to an amazing man every day of my life.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I've been horrible at this this year...

So recently we have been having a lot of fun, we haven't been able to do much because we are having to pay for nicks school, but we have done a lot considering. This picture below is from the retreat. Nick has a birth defect and is part of a foundation Craniofacial Az or Happy Faces. We get to go and give encouragement to others and help them through their struggles while having a little family vacation. We get to go to the Point Hilton at Squaw Peak and get to have nice dinners and spend some time at the lazy river!!! We love it!!
Here is a good family picture I had someone take of us. Poor Kyle is having a rough time feeling like he is the third wheel to us married couple, but we try to let him know that we love him just as much!!

This is when we went to Prescott for a quick weekend get-a-way... It was absolutely lovely there, and it was the first time I really had a hard time coming home. I guess for us mountain folk, you move away, go to college, get married, and then move back for a family, and now that we are kind of at that point it was hard for me to come back to the city.

While we were at Prescott we ate at Zeke's, it's famous for it's huge food. I told Nick that they were big and he ordered 2!!!! He had fun, didn't get even close to finishing it, but had fun eating it none the less.

We also found this cute little itialian restrant in Old Prescott and had some lovely homemade chicken alfredo. I love him so much he just makes me so happy!!

While we were there we got our faces painted for a fundraiser for the firefighters. He is such a good sport, and good husband!!

I am just so fortunate to be able to have him, and he is truely my best friend!! Who else would sit and watch girly shows with me? Not just any guy, but he is very special!!  He is getting ready to start school for his last semester in welding, and is currently looking for a new job in the areas that he is certified for. So we have some new exciting changes coming our way, hopefully they include a new job for him and earning a little extra money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment